Saturday, April 13, 2013

Perfect Find

A wonderful set of blocks found their way to me



just the thing for an Aussie Hero's quilt.



being an aviation themed fabric I used a variation of the Twister block  page 59 of  Victoria's book
15 Minutes of Play




alternate layout
still thinking ......now I have a destination for this quilt and need to add something Australian in theme.

I started this because the blocks arrived but now they will be a quilt that will do what all quilts do GIVE COMFORT.


and moving along




a pile of someone elese's scraps to sort included


4 ready made spiderweb blocks  I cornered them with a a pale print that reads as white





because 3 of the blocks were blue and only one pink square I used them as light and dark blocks.
turning them on point helps.  blogger gave me black setting squares but I'm going for something less dramatic.


Happy Weekend   Terry


4 comments:

ria vogelzang said...

Those aviation themed blocks are so great for an Aussie Hero Quilt!
I just love them!
And those beautiful spiderblocks!
You're doing a wonderful job!
Love, Ria.

Rachaeldaisy said...

Those fabrics are perfect for an Aussie Hero quilt!! You are really on a roll in your sewing room!! I love all your blocks and layouts. Even the bag of scraps looks full of possibilities.

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Your Aussie Hero quilt is wonderful Terry...it will be a real Comfort Quilt! And wow, those Spider Blocks....I love them!!!

Nat Palaskas said...

The fabric lend itself to the project. The recipient would love it. I love how you just pulled out fabric from the stash and created gorgeous blocks out of it - Have a good weekend. Love Nat