Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Everything Turns

All the gadgets in the wool making process twirl and whirl with lots of help


 

I enjoyed having such wonderful help and grandson time. 
Look at that swift go.


The swift whirls while the wool winder turns makeing lovely yarn buns....." look hash tags" .  The language of my grand children's world. 

U

Following all the laughter and fun of assembling and disassembling the windy things some serious trials were conducted.
And the results are in. ?.... the small square is the correct gauge for the pattern I want to knit. The colour in this photo is accurate but I'm not expecting such obvious stripes in the drappy vest. The vest is knitted sidways over 185 sts. The swatch is only 27 sts.
My best guess is it will be a more blended look.

Have a good middle of the week.  Terry

3 comments:

Rachaeldaisy said...

I've never seen a swift before it looks like fun. You are great at involving your grandchildren in your crafts. That yarn will make a beautiful drappy vest.

Nat Palaskas said...

That yarn winder is magic. I love mine. I bet your helper had fun with it! Love the colour of the yarns - Hugs
Nat

Ulla said...

Our swifts are made of wood, I have never seen such a modern one.
I'm sure longer rows will make a big difference in the pattern the colours of your yarn will create. I have seen that when knitting socks with such yarn in different sizes.