Monday, March 13, 2017

Two for One

The saying "two for ( the price of ) one " is often used in advertising.

Well I'm not trying to sell anything just happy that two bunches of parts are now one quilt.



All finished and I enjoyed tying this little quilt. Held together nicely through it first washing.  The result is a light weight warm quilt for the toddler bed.


The crazy quilt blocks on steroids resulted in a soft looking quilt with a very vintage sense of "making do".

Just realized  the light side is a Wagga. The little quilt ticks 3 boxes. Kitchen Sink
Row by Row and a Wagga.

Now it really does have a name . Three for One. Silly but it has been fun to make.


My very best friend the " magic or flange binding " finish. This time I used the border fabric for the flange. The quilt was busy enough and didn't require more colour , sometimes simple is the best.

Enjoy your week my plan is to cut binding strips for the remaining 3 quilts in the pile. Tomorrow is machine quilt group and I will start on close to a km of binding. Ugh and yes it will all be flange style . My hands don't do that much repetative stitching any more.

Terry

1 comment:

Vireya said...

It's a sweet little quilt!

That sounds like an enormous amount of binding ahead of you - but it will be wonderful to have all those projects finished.