Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Hearts and Memories

Hearts and Memories
A tiny quilt with lots of memories.
The hearts on this quilt were my first foray into applique. Knowing nothing about the process I basted the hearts onto cardboard and then needle turned sort of in place.
I now know the process I used was similar to using freezer paper.
Freezer paper did exist at this time but no one was using it for quilting.
The pink fabric in the second row was used by my MIL to make a baby dress that both my daughters wore.
The rose floral print fabric was from a dress I made in my university days.
My father carried a photo of myself in the dress with the young man who became DH.
The dress is long since gone but not DH.
A very little quilt with a BIG heart.
Terry


6 comments:

kaiteM said...

So this is the quilt you've told me about, it does have a lot of memories for such a little one. Thanks for sharing, Kaite.

ria vogelzang said...

I agree: a very BIG heart! It's so great to use fabrics out of our past! They tell their story for ever....!
Love your little quilt!

kaiteM said...

What a delightful way to capture such happy family memories. I just LOVE it! Coralie.

Nat Palaskas said...

That really a cute heart quilt with memory! Even if you didn't know how to applique, but you knew about colours. How come I haven't seen it before?

Hugs
Nat

Sue-Anne said...

A lovely little quilt with such great memories.

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

How lovely Terry...and what special memories this quilt holds for you...just beautiful♥x