Saturday, July 4, 2015

Stitched to the Nines


The nine patch blocks are going together well.


The saying that the whole is greater than the parts certainly applies to this quilt. The pinapple in the bottom left is from my stash and it's reeeally ugly as yardage but nestled in with the soft blue and pink it just reads as yellow. Spots,stripes,civil war
and little florals all play happily together.


A completed corner makes me happy.  It is lots of fun to see a scrappy quilt come together. All thoes fabrics loved or unloved it doesn't matter; it's just a visual feast of colour.


More strips ready to add to the fun. The neutral is a tonal grey (with just a hint of light, light purple ) and I do mean light. The grey is sitting in the background letting all the little 1 1 /2 " gems sparkle.

I am feeling better and stronger.  The walking from the sewing machine to the ironing board has been good rehab for both the hip and me. Wayne took me out for a drive this afternoon.  We went up the back road into the Blue Mountains a nice ride in the bush. Good to be out of the house.

Enjoy your weekend.  Terry

2 comments:

Vireya said...

Nine-patch rehab! Great idea! Glad to hear your recovery is progressing. I trip to the Blue Mountains sounds good, if a little cold at this time of year. The quilt it looking good - I love scrappy patchwork.

Rachaeldaisy said...

Your scraps are a delicious fruit salad of colour! A drive into the mountains would have been lovely!! I hope you've got some more drives planned. I can imagine it must be so nice to see more of the outdoors and scenery after so much time in doors.