Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Silver Lining


I have a cold that has been hanging on way too long.
                                                                                 BUT


The tray beside my chair shows what's been happening between snneezles and snuffles.

It all started with Pintrest. Lots of guilt free hours resting. The temptation to try some OTT  (over the top) Embroidery. The new revival of crazy quilting style stitching sent me in search of embroidery floss.



A zip lock bag of unknown origin held proximity 40 skeins of stranded cotton.  Purples and pinks suggest it was not from my Mom.



Two skeins of Peri-Lusta from a British company which closed in 1934 reinforced my suspicions.


Coats and Clark's priced at 5 cents


J. P.  Coats.........no price



J.P. Coats  deluxe  15 cents



Lots of D.M.C.      The multiples of colours suggest these skiens were bought for a project. I hope the stitcher completed her embroidery and enjoyed it.


While I'm not happy about the cold I am enjoying the time to explore something new.

Enjoy whatever your up to.   Terry

2 comments:

Rachaeldaisy said...

You'll have fun giving those threads their chance in the spotlight. Winter has really returned this week but surely spring isn't too far away. Stay warm and get better soon.

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Hey Terry I trust that you are feeling much better now and enjoying the weather warming up!