Sunday, February 25, 2018

Quilting up date and Life

This time of year is happily devoted to family .



A very tall tree for a small boy. Decorating the tree was a hit with all 3 grand children as was the summer season.

The sewing time included a new facination with Boro




The slow easy strait stitching proved to be just the thing for short periods of sewing time.


The completion of the center of this quilt encouraged me to spend some time with three strip boarders. They are outside my normal comfort zone but I am quite excited with the progress.

So much so that all the hexies are covered ,arranged and stitched in short groups. 88 hexegons to be appliqued in place. Tomorrow is the first class of the year and I am looking forward to a "how to" lesson from Margaret Sampson George. Her approach to giving new life to earlier work is contagious.

Happy Stitching Terry

3 comments:

Vireya said...

Some nice projects you have been working on.
Hope you are enjoying the Margaret Sampson George workshop. That should be fun.

Nat Palaskas said...

Hey, thanks for life update. I sent you an email, but didn't hear back from you. I see you are busy doing lovely work. I'm picking up old works too. Looking forward to see what you are doing with Margaret Sampson George - Hugs Nat

Denice Barker said...

Love your medallion! Please post more on your Margaret Sampson George class/lesson!