Friday, August 26, 2011

Me and Jenny Kee

Blame it on the fabric.
Cause that's where it started
When Jenny Kee designed this for Sheraton in 1987. Mine is off cuts I think from Wrangratta Mills.  We were living in south west Riverina. Dry wheat sheep country in the small town of Deniliquin. Maybe the big smoke if you lived further west.

Iconic Jenny Kee in the days of  all things Australiana. enlarge for a closer look.


3 1/2 inch square selected for Basics Block.






Square within a Star block


     
                                     And 
See Saw for the quilt drive at Basics initiated by Bumble Beans Inc.

Some great incentives for joining in and helping out.


I made one for me while I was at it. It is almost a two for one sort of stitching.


Enjoy the up coming weekend it looks like Spring might be arriving.   Terry

10 comments:

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

Your blocks look fabulous!! Thank you soo much Terry! Every Shout is invaluable! the quilts all go to families in need.

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Great blocks Terry...nice and bright...Jenny Kee used to live in the mountains when we were there...she came to pick up her daughter and was just like any other Mum...Have a fab weekend...Dzintra

Nat Palaskas said...

I never knew anything about Jenny Kee's fabric. I must be to young Aussie to know! I like it though. It does everything you wanted in the blocks. Cool stuff, where can I get some? Have a wonderful weekend - Love Nat

ria vogelzang said...

Love those colourful fabrics! And they make such sparkling blocks!
Good job!
Love, Ria.

Rachaeldaisy said...

Im a huge fan of Jenny Kee! I had her black and white pattern doona cover set when I was growing up. I loved her big bright jumpers and although I never went there myself a friend gave me a shopping bag from her flamingo Park shop which I still have. Gosh I guess it would be about 30 years old now. I love your wonderful blocks! I really like the way youve used scrappy fabric in traditional blocks.

Daniƫlle said...

Woohoooww! Never seen fabric like that!! The See Saw blocks look like little rain boots, must be the Dutch weather getting a grip on me hihihihi!!! Gorgeous blocks!! And ... nono, won't work too hard at the sink hihi!! Tkx XXXD

Vireya said...

Oh, wow! Jenny Kee fabric! And it looks great in your block.

kaiteM said...

i second Vireya's comment

Markie37 said...

I had that Jenny kee print on a duvet cover when I lived in Sydney in 1987, would love it again now

Hill upon Hill said...

I don't suppose you have anymore of that Jenny Kee fabric?