Saturday, October 8, 2011

My Quilt for Basics

Needed
some basic  sewing to ease the jitters before I departed on my trip.

Victoria at Bumble Beans had just the pattern and a wonderful home for the finished quilt.



I had stitched,sandwiched,and completed half the diagonal quilting a month ago.
Steady stitching on Thursday and the top was ready to bind.


A view of the pieced back.




Coffee and binding at the ready



Friday attach binding.  I stitched it on the back of the quilt and turned it to the right side attaching with a decorative stitch. No hand stitching here
 I'm way slow.



A cosy quilt for comfort. I know it's cosy because I fell asleep under it while removing the basting pins
SH don't tell.

Basics is a community group helping  people in their own neighborhood.  My quilt for Basics has given me  time to reflect
remember my father
 a gift of self to someone else

Have you got time then help out and share . I'm glad I did.


I'm having a good weekend with the Grandchildren. All of you enjoy your family    Terry

6 comments:

Jane said...

Looks a lovely cosy quilt. Enjoy your weekend

kaiteM said...

a good thing to do making for someone else, it really brightens the day, ssh it's a secret. thanks for sharing it with us too.
we're having a good weekend, little walks between the showers.

Valentina said...

Looks wonderful! Terry I have one more corner to go and then it's off to NY! :) These quilts are just so special, aren't day? :)

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

I can keep a secret...the quilt looks great...I love how you have pieced the back!!!

Rachaeldaisy said...

What a great quilt and a great cause! I really have to try machine binding, I haven't been brave enough, I like your idea of using a decorative stitch!

Nat Palaskas said...

Good job Terry, Quilt for Basics are very special. Well done - Hugs Nat