Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Up and Running


The newly established sewing nook has proevn successful.


The family has arrived and we are starting to get a routine going. There are still boxes. Oh and more boxes which you don't need to see. Trust me they are the last minute sort with t.p. and shoes and hangers. Why do we always have too many hangers when packing to move and not enough any other time?

I have my Featherweight set up and purring. I do not have a feline helper at present so will be content with the sound of my beauty.

The over flow on the left of the machine is a small box of 2"strips. I'm sewing three strips together as practice. Fence Rail or Nine Patch who knows?

Whatever the end result the journey is soothing.   AND  soothing is all GOOD as the holiday's  approach.

I love having my small family ; only 8 of us across three generations , around for the preperations. ..... Every Bit!!!!


Going to my nook while I can

Terry



4 comments:

Nat Palaskas said...

Enjoy the family. It's nice to have them all together. We are going have ours after Christmas too.

Love
Nat

Vireya said...

It looks like a nice little spot to sew, with lots of light.

Hope you and your family have wonderful times together.

ria vogelzang said...

So good to have the family all together! And your sewing nook seems to be great!
Enjoy the holidays and the Grand Illysion Mystery...!! :D
Love, Ria.

Rachaeldaisy said...

I'm laughing about the hangers, that is so true! It's good to see you have settled in, and also that your family has settled in.