Saturday, October 2, 2010

Weekend's Gardening

It's Labor Day or Long Weekend in N.S.W. The weather's warm enough to garden. My plan for the weekend is to do just that.

Oh! and watch the A.F.L. Grand Finale.Thank you DH



My purchases from the garden shop yesterday. A few herbs for salads and petunias for some hanging pots.


My favourite type of gardening. Nat's adventures inspired me to take a stab at this lovely knitted garden. All the flowers and leaves are dying experiments from my hand spun wool. I did some of the dying in the 80's and some this century. ha ha The stripy leaves do not have black spot they are just experiments in sun dying tops before spinning and plying.


GS asked me who I was knitting a beanie for? I explained it was called a tea cosie to keep tea warm in a tea pot. Later the same day when DGD asked what I was knitting he responded "It's for she's cup a tea" guess that says it all.





Enjoy whatever your doing this weekend and have a good week


Terry

7 comments:

Jane said...

You don't see tea cosies very often these days.
Love the knitted flowers

Nat Palaskas said...

Lovely red rose Terry. Love love the garden on the "SHE's cup a tea" haha!
I was out in the garden too and I planted petunias in hanging baskets instead of watching the AFL - Have a lovely Sunday - Hugs Nat

kaiteM said...

hi Terry, good to see you out in the garden again, and love the "i love you" red rose. Fun bit of knitting going on for "she's cuppa tea".
I did some patchwork in the garden - i patched our lawn where the grubs had eaten it.
magpies won, yay. see ya, k.

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

What a lovely garden you are going to have..both the real one and the cup of tea one!!! Dzintra♥x

Loree Jackson said...

"It's for she's cup a tea" Lol! How cute :)

flower delivery in the philippines said...

Lovely rose. Wish someone give me something like that. Anyway, I like your mini garden. Thanks for sharing.

-yumi-

flower Philippines said...

Pretty rose! Seems your garden was so healthy. Wish I can have a healthy garden too. I'm been looking for interesting topic as this. Looking forward for your next post. Keep posting!

toni